Extending existing conservatory??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Be grateful for any help here. In my album you’ll see a view of conservatory which was built about 3 years ago. At that time we also considered having a bigger conservatory/extension which would extend to the end of the house. The builder said he could then include a downstairs toilet 9which we don’t have), possible a small room for a pc and extend kitchen etc.

We went for the cheaper option as the bigger job would be about £40k and would involve moving the two drain covers (also shown in the album).
I should explain that we had to get planning and also Water Company “bridge over agreement” for the exiting conservatory.

My question is whether we can now extend the conservatory to more or less get what we wanted earlier? How complicated would this be? Can a builder reuse the end section of the conservatory and just extend the roof? Would it be better to have brick wall at end to accommodate toilet and additional room etc etc? Is moving manhole covers going to make job much more expensive and complicated?

Also what sort of planning/building regs process would we have to go through?

Many thanks for your advice in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thought it might be in the too difficult box.

Will obviously get local builder in to take a look but would have appreciated your thoughts beforehand.

Thanks again.

Will obviously get local builder in to take a look but would have appreciated your thoughts beforehand.

Thanks again.
It's actually in the 'your post makes little sense and the OP can't be bothered to post his own photos in his thread' box. I doubt any quality builders will want anything to do with it.

I always feel self-conscious when using a toilet in a conservatory. Its also difficult to bang the nail in to suspend the toilet roll from.
Manhole:- drop the lid level down, use a screw down lid. Bridge over drain runs with cast in lintels.
Frank

Sponsored Links

Thanks again.
It's actually in the 'your post makes little sense and the OP can't be bothered to post his own photos in his thread' box. I doubt any quality builders will want anything to do with it.

When you say little sense, do you mean too many long words? Otherwise I can't see how you can't understand it. Also put photos in album as thought that was recommended, not couldn't be bothered.

Images shown. Understand that toilet wouldn't be in conservatory!!! Would be where kitchen currently is with kitchen moved down in line with end of conservatory. There would be brick wall at end to accommodate this.

Little sense as in it would appear that a four year old has written it. Still no images.

Don't kow how to get images to appearin messages. If you can be bothered to click on my name then you'll see the piccies.

From your offensive tone and attitude I'd prefer if you didn't bother.

Little sense as in it would appear that a four year old has written it. Still no images.

Don't kow how to get images to appearin messages. If you can be bothered to click on my name then you'll see the piccies.

From your offensive tone and attitude I'd prefer if you didn't bother.
Don't concern yourself I won't bother. The thing is, is that what you and many others do not grasp, is that there are dozens of other threads every day where people can be bothered to write questions that make sense and learn how to post their photos in their thread. That's why your thread has seemingly gone along unanswered. Yet you dismiss your fellow forumites and instead label your incomprehensible jibba jabba as being too difficult to answer.

Go to:

//www.diynot.com/network/DIYnot/albums/67/180

and have a look.

Basically you hit 'Show My images' when posting then select the photo you want included in the post.

Dead easy, and including pictures will be very useful to those readers who you are looking to help you out here...

Ok thanks.

This is for everyone except the rude Devonian who can't follow a simple message:

1. We have an existing conservatory
2. We are considering options to extend
3. These include bigger conservatory and converting to extension

Is this simple enuf for you my loverrrrrr?

View media item 87630 View media item 87629 View media item 87627 View media item 87631

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back