Extending existing flue pipe through flat roof of extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on having a flat roofed extension built to the rear of the house coming off the wall form where my boiler has its flue protruding outside.Rather than relocating the boiler to another wall which would mean a considerable amount of hassle and expense , I wondered if it was possible to just extend the flue pipe so it goes up through the flat roof of the extension? The boiler is an Ideal classic.Thanks

Sponsored Links
don't think so, a classic can have a vertical flue but I don't believe there is an option to put a bend on it.

don't think so, a classic can have a vertical flue but I don't believe there is an option to put a bend on it.

is it possible with other boilers,I am trying to keep pipework alterations to a minimum

It is perfectly acceptable to use bends on virtually all new boiler flues.

Sponsored Links
Any flue going upwards needs a special vertical flue terminal.

Thats an old boiler and it has been suggested that no bends are allowed.

The solution is a new boiler which can use a vertical flue.

All flue installation or modification needs a gas registered engineer.

Tony

thank you all.Shame to waste a boiler but i would rather a boiler is sited where this one is than moved, so a new one in an unvented system would be fine

Tony

not sure if i am quite understanding you , but any new boiler i have fitted in the same location needs to come out horizontally , as the current one does , them vertically upwards through a flat roof.

Otherwise i would have to find another site which would be a costly nightmare because of the way the house is built

Chances are that you will need to alter the pipework if you change the boiler.

Apart from that, it will be a hell of a lot more money.

Can you not just move the old boiler through the wall into the new extension. You may not need to do a vertical flue, but through the wall as now. Only needs a new flue hole then, and the boiler pipes extended into the extension. Much cheaper.

Can you not just move the old boiler through the wall into the new extension. You may not need to do a vertical flue, but through the wall as now. Only needs a new flue hole then, and the boiler pipes extended into the extension. Much cheaper.

yes that might be do-able. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back