1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Extending existing supply to serve new flat

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by ioloowen, 17 Nov 2012.

1. ioloowen

ioloowen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Gents

Can anyone please advise on indicative costs of providing a power supply and metre into a new flat. The existing arrangement consists of the supply terminating at a board in the dwelling. I'm proposing to convert the dwelling into two flats thus a new meter is required.

Any information on possible costs of getting SP Networks to do the work.

Ta

Iolo

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Taylortwocities

Taylortwocities

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Impossible to say. The whole business of supplies and provisions of meters is owned by the DNO

You need to call SP and have them survey the existing supply and give you a quote.

Do be sitting down when they tell you how much though!

4. ioloowen

ioloowen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you. My only concern is the fact I havent bought the place yet and as such; I've got limited access there. Can SP survey from the outside?

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links