Extending patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Moved house last year and getting round to the garden this summer - now it's here!
Current job on the radar is extending the existing patio.
View media item 62031
First problem is i've no idea what type the flags are!
the sizes are
Smallest - approx 29cm square
Small rectangle - 60cm x 29cm
Larger square - 60cm x 60cm
Large rectangle - 90cm x 60cm

I think they look a natural product, as the dimensions are not exactly the spec I was expecting - 30-60-90.
They also have a textured surface, that doesn't repeat and variation in colours.

I am after extending by 60cm each side visible in the pic.
I was hoping to tackle the job myself rather than get someone in.

Advice appreciated how to ID something suitable.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
it looks like indian sandstone, you'd need to clean it well to be sure of the colour to try and match that.

the 290mm sizes are on purpose to allow for an extra 10mm joint.

i.e if you lay 2 x 290mm flags along side a 600mm one there is a 10mm joint in the middle making it 590 rather than 610mm which is important when you are laying a large area.

Its easy to source and needs to be layed on a 5:1 grit sand:cement bed. A subbase of compacted MOT type one is also advisable.

All the info you need is on paving expert.com

Thanks r896neo.
I will clean it up and that's a great start.
Many thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Links
if you can keep the run off off the grass use bleach. diluted about 3:1 with water

3 water to 1 bleach. Pour it on with a watering can and leave for 10 mins, then lightly scrub with a stiff brush and leave for a further 10 mins. Then rinse off with lots of water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back