extending phone, camera power supply

Sponsored Links
Here is one:
http://www.trait-tech.com/product/T...tical-usb-charger-ports-hdc-068e.html[/QUOTE]
The first thing I notice about that is that it is priced in $, which does not seem to me to be an offer for sale in the UK.

The second thing I notice about it is that it makes no claims to BS 1363 compliance, which does not seem to me as though the makers say that it is suitable for connecting straight onto a 32A ring main (sic).

The third thing I notice about it is that they don't even claim that a BS 1363 plug will go in.

The fourth thing I notice about it is that they do say it is only rated at 10A.

Here is another:
http://slinya.en.made-in-china.com/...ad-iPhone-4G-iPhone-5.html[/QUOTE][list=1][*] Ditto
[*] Ditto
[*] Ditto
[*] Ditto[/list]
For someone who recently decided I didn't know what I was takling about you seem to display a remarkable degree of stupidity.
Would that be stupidity as in seeing foreign sockets which are not sold to be used on UK 32A ring finals and then moaning that they were actually 13A sockets modified to take all sorts of other unfused plugs and were therefore absolutely dangerous?

Sponsored Links
The first thing I notice about that is that it is priced in $, which does not seem to me to be an offer for sale in the UK.
The site has a drop down list of currencies including british pounds.

It looks to me like one of these "we sell dodgy **** from our factory in china to anywhere in the world" type places.

Would that be stupidity as in seeing foreign sockets which are not sold to be used on UK 32A ring finals and then moaning that they were actually 13A sockets modified to take all sorts of other unfused plugs and were therefore absolutely dangerous?
That particular website seem to be very wisely keeping their trap shut about what it is and isn't suitable for. I have my doubts as to it being considered compliant anywhere.

From the picture it's clearly intended to take plugs from anywhere in the world but it likely doesn't take any of them especially well and I have my doubts that it really complies with any country's regulations.

USB wall sockets may or may not be a soloution but you should certainly take care where you buy them from.

The site has a drop down list of currencies including british pounds.
OK - the first one does - apologies - hadn't noticed.

USB wall sockets may or may not be a soloution but you should certainly take care where you buy them from.
As per anything.

When I suggested installing some USB wall sockets I was not at the same time suggesting buying any old dodgy standards-free rubbish just because it has a USB charging outlet.

It never occurred to me that anybody would be that stupid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back