Extending the inlet hose on a dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New here, diy novice, be gentle! So after being the 'dishwasher' for the past 12 years, I've decided I want robots to take over the job. I've had this issue before, but want to try again now. As it stands, if I buy a dishwasher with the standard 1.5 metre pipes, I know the waste will reach, but because of the location of the cold water pipe, 1.5 metres won't reach, about 2 metres will. However, whilst it would be easy just to go to Screwfix and by a longer inlet hose, the issue is that these damn dishwashers all seem to use moulded hoses now, so you can't simply replace (on dishwashers anyway).

Any suggestions? I'm not sure these 'male to male' inlet extenders you find on ebay or Amazon look at that reliable from a leak point of view!

Sponsored Links
New here, diy novice, be gentle! So after being the 'dishwasher' for the past 12 years, I've decided I want robots to take over the job. I've had this issue before, but want to try again now. As it stands, if I buy a dishwasher with the standard 1.5 metre pipes, I know the waste will reach, but because of the location of the cold water pipe, 1.5 metres won't reach, about 2 metres will. However, whilst it would be easy just to go to Screwfix and by a longer inlet hose, the issue is that these damn dishwashers all seem to use moulded hoses now, so you can't simply replace (on dishwashers anyway).

Any suggestions? I'm not sure these 'male to male' inlet extenders you find on ebay or Amazon look at that reliable from a leak point of view!
Extend the cold water feed pipe then.

Sponsored Links
This is the current cold water feed; facing the wrong way but perhaps too long a reach anyway from the location the dishwasher was designed for.

Attachments

• 20180830_180001.jpg
    20180830_180001.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 198
Why too long away? The feed pipe could come from any location.
I'm too tired and hungry to list the components right now but in the world of plumbing this is an easy job.

The correct way would be to extend the cold supply, as mentioned above.
Alternatively, join two hoses with a brass 3/4" nipple.

Screwfix part number 92631, for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back