How can I extend this dishwasher water inlet hose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just bought a new Hotpoint slimline dishwasher but I need ot extend the water inlet hose.

There appears to be an adaptor on the end of this hose which I have never seen before and I am wondering how do I get from where you see in the picture up to the hot pipe? Do I need to purchase a longer hose?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Your dishwasher has the electric fill valve on the end of the hose - some have it this way, on others its in the machine itself.
Homebase do the double male pipe connector, together with two sizes of inlet hoses to allow you to extend yours.
John :)

Your dishwasher has the electric fill valve on the end of the hose - some have it this way, on others its in the machine itself.
Homebase do the double male pipe connector, together with two sizes of inlet hoses to allow you to extend yours.

Cheers John.

So I am right in saying (novice) that I would simply connect one end to the "electric fill valve" and the other to the water pipe?

You need Homebase connector 241109 which will connect your machine's hose to another one - 269445.
I'm sure there are shorter hoses too.

Sponsored Links
You need Homebase connector 241109 which will connect your machine's hose to another one - 269445.
I'm sure there are shorter hoses too.

To be honest John that is a great help mate. You did everything bar paying for them for me (ahemm) lol.

I just ordered them off ebay and got both for a total of £5.50 as I can wait a few days considering I've waited weeks now on the dishwasher coming a few days extra won't kill me.

I will be connecting it to a hot source, as I've a free hot and cold inlet, so I ordered a 1.5m red inlet hose and a connector - does this sound about right?

Thanks

I thought dishwashers were cold fill :confused: ( colour of your new hose isn`t important)

I thought dishwashers were cold fill :confused: ( colour of your new hose isn`t important)

Hi Nige,

Mate you could very well be right lol I'm a novice just trying to set the damn thing up!

What made me think it was warm filled is the we red thing I seen in the fill valve:

Though on checking the instructions it says it can be hot or cold filled.

What would you suggest hot or cold inlet and do I require the corresponding hose?

Thanks

whether to connect to hot or cold is determined by the way you heat your hot water, if you connect to the cold the machine will use electricity to heat it up in the machine, if you use hot then you will need to heat the water before it goes into the machine so if you heat your water via immersor then it prob wont matter, if you heat it by gas boiler then it will be cheaper to connect to the hot, you can use a red hot hose on either, but you cant use a blue cold hose on hot water as it will burst

whether to connect to hot or cold is determined by the way you heat your hot water, if you connect to the cold the machine will use electricity to heat it up in the machine, if you use hot then you will need to heat the water before it goes into the machine so if you heat your water via immersor then it prob wont matter, if you heat it by gas boiler then it will be cheaper to connect to the hot, you can use a red hot hose on either, but you cant use a blue cold hose on hot water as it will burst

Clear as a whistle Kirk, understood. Thanks

I have electric underfloor heating witha heatpump so hot water isn't an issue so will just connect to the hot inlet.

You guys are top notch honestly, thanks a bunch.

Take yourselves out for the night and get drunk on me (money in the post).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back