Extending the ring? Cabel too short!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to add another socket in my kitchen. I cannot spur off from an adjacent socket, as i need to add a spur off the new socket (fused outlet for fridge). Unfortunately, the existing cable doesnt reach the position of the new socket and there is no way i can replace the cable without destroying the place!!

Can I (at ceiling height) cut the ring and replace with a longer cable down to the location of the new socket?? using a 25mm back box/30A choc block and blanking plate?? The re-make the ring by connecting the new socket to the old?

What are the rules relatign to cable runs?? I ah installing vertical runs directly to the sockets and short horizontal runs to the spurs.

The work is to be certified for Part P, so what are my options?

Thanks,

Matt.

Sponsored Links
If you can physicsally do it( have enough length spare) then what you propose is ok.Is it not possible to get into the ceiling void above?Would make a neater job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back