Extension floor screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have been managing and doing some of a self build on a medium sized extension, and I would like some information on floor screeds if possible.

The extension has a sub floor approximately 200mm thick sat on 100mm of insulation and polyethean between the insulation and the hardcore, and also above the insulation and below the concrete.
However the floor is still between 50mm and 85mm lower than the existing kitchen floor which ultimately all shold be level.

What are the steps to bring the extension floor up to the kitchens level?

Is this a two step process or can the floor be raised and levelled all in one go?

I would like to attempt this myself if possible, I am not too concerned with the process of actually pouring and levelling the floor, but more the processes involved before the screed is physically applied? Are there any web sites with the floor screeding for dummie's guide?

TIA

Martin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back