Extension - Full Plot Width - Sewer/Drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are having a large extension built on our house which will be a full plot width extension out the back. We have two locations where WCs and sinks will be located:
LHS of plot: one WC on the first floor, one ground floor WC (plus 2 showers, 1 bath and 2 sinks) and
RHS of plot: one first floor WC (plus 1 shower, 1 sink) and 2 gnd floor sinks.

Not sure how the soil vent pipe will be run but possibly into the loft with an air admittance valve as we have no possibility to put it on the sidewalls.

The house is the top of the sewer run so will be private. We need to connect into the inspection chamber next to the neighbour's extension. The plot width is about 10.5 metres for scale. There is an existing IC and concrete pipes on our plot but there is no value in these so effectively we can start again.

We have an architect but I'm just trying to understand how this layout would be approached from a drainage perspective. I'm assuming a layout should locate an inspection chamber outside the extension where the connection from the LHS SVP will turn and then give a straight run at the neighbours IC (turning slightly on arrival there?). But I don't understand how the RHS SVP could connect to the drains at a sensible angle and with a prospect to rod it.

I'm assuming in all this that there is sufficient drop to do anything we want with the drains but I know it is shallow. Depth is about 300 mm from floor level to the base of the existing half pipe in the existing inspection chamber which is on the LHS of the plot (in-line with the neighbours IC and sewer run direct). I don't know what level needs to be hit in the neighbours IC.

We intend to have concrete slab flooring with underfloor heating so I'm also wondering how close a soil pipe can be to a concrete slab floor?

Apologies if there isn't enough detailed info, happy to answer any more questions where I can. I have been reading a lot about drains but I've not found an example like this one.

Thanks in advance!
Flibble

Attachments

• plot-sewer.png
    plot-sewer.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 42
  • plot-sewer-pipes.png
    plot-sewer-pipes.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back