extension price per sq/m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
Just a general question really.
What is everyone charging these days for extensions per m2?(single and double storey)
Has anyone dropped their prices due to the economic climate to try and stay competitive?
Best wished for christmas to all

Sponsored Links
Aroundabout £900/m2 in fact prices have not dropped really, the price of materials has increased due to there being less demand and now less availability.

Hi i.ve never worked out a square metre price...we often do conservatory bases and shells for extensions as brickies....mainly done on a day work basis at a weekend as we have jobs during the week but for a 2 and 1 labour only its gone from 360 to 280 a day, a conservatory base in brick and block, takes a days work or a single story extension brick and block depending on scaffold 4 to 6 days. and remember thats just the brick and block work.

£750.00 per/m2 here ish depending on the nature of the job.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,i've noticed that materials have gone up, and yet we have had to bring our prices down to kep in work.
I blame the bigger companies who are "buyinh in" work to keep people employed.
Maybe its just his area, prices are so competitive.Weve dropped day rate down to £120/day and sq/m prices down to £850,even at that we are being told its too expensive,maybe too many jam rolls workin for £20/day ;)

Thanks,i've noticed that materials have gone up, and yet we have had to bring our prices down to kep in work.
I blame the bigger companies who are "buyinh in" work to keep people employed.
Maybe its just his area, prices are so competitive.Weve dropped day rate down to £120/day and sq/m prices down to £850,even at that we are being told its too expensive,maybe too many jam rolls workin for £20/day ;)

I agree but i work for our areas largest brickwork company, he is buyin work to keep me in employment and the other 60 guys who work for him...the other 200+ he has had to let go ....quite a few over the last week or so...we have taken pay cuts and alsorts to help out.....yet i see the much bigger companies that we sub to have many many jam rolls and others workin on thier sites......the work we do at weekends is pocket money.....but even that is dryin up £80 a shift on a saturday..and still were being under cut...!!!!

So how come the house market is apparently rising :?: . Half of the country are living in a poxy Thatcherite Dream . 20 years on :rolleyes: Sicerely hope you guys all have a better New Year.

lack of properties on the market i heard the other day.had my rabbit hutch on the market over a year but as im back on the 1st rung of the property ladder i think im fooked as they also said there were less than 30% of first time buyers now than there was 10 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back