extension project

my architect has just confirmed that you are not allowed to build over a gas main.

full stop.

transco will send you details complete with returnable forms. you may have to draw a simple sketch outlining your intentions.

Sponsored Links
who would carry out the job of moving it to an external wall transco?

Yes.

I had to do this recently. My gas meter box was in a stupid place and needed moving, so Transco sent me forms and spec sheets and what not related to moving it and 5 months later they came to do the job.
It cost about £700 and had to be moved less than 10 metres! They dug the trench, and did the whole lot and as I had fitted a gas meter box into the cavity wall in preparation (a sunken one as they look loads neater) .... they then routed their new pipework right into it and capped it off as they cant work on the system on the house side of the gas meter box apparently.

Then the Corgi plumber came out and fitted the new gas meter that I was supplied with from Npower and hooked the system back up and tested it all (new heating system during this time as the old one leaked gas and was 20 yrs old)

From memory Transco charge for distance past their base point which iirc is 10 metres.
It gets pricier the further you want to move it basically but was WELL worth doing for me because it freed up a pathway down the side of my house.
Seems like you definately need it doing!

Looks great Lecco, any general pointers on extensions which you could pass on from your experience? Im currently extending my kitchen. Had plans draw up and permission granted just getting in quotes at the minute. Any pointers/ advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hmm never noticed that

brain dead brickys lol must of been concentrating on trying to match it up to the original gable ad forgot the perps

thanks for pointing this out :)

Looks great Lecco, any general pointers on extensions which you could pass on from your experience? Im currently extending my kitchen. Had plans draw up and permission granted just getting in quotes at the minute. Any pointers/ advice would be appreciated.

ty all i can say is theres going to be alot of mess lol we just built a kitchen extention on this new house nearly finished it. could you send pics of your plans id be happy to help.

ty all i can say is theres going to be alot of mess lol we just built a kitchen extention on this new house nearly finished it. could you send pics of your plans id be happy to help.

Thanks Lecco we've just had a very reasonable quote in from a builder whos done work for us before, so were happy to go with him. Fingers crossed all will run smoothly as possible. Thanks for the offer to look at plans. Its just a single storey kitchen ext, nothing as as big as yours so should run to plan. Thanks again mate. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back