Extension size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all come to build my extension done the footings etc to make my drains work I need to bring the extension in a course off brick 225mm smaller

I’ve planning accepted for 5165 but that puts me slap bang into the centre of my cavity and won’t work for my drain issues It has to be 4940. I want to do this correct do I just do a small amendment on planning think it’s called and send them
My new dimension or do I have to have all new drawings done basically my extension has 225 step in now but then will have 450 step in instead

Sponsored Links
No one will ever know or care; especially if it's smaller. Just crack on with it.

I know that but it will stand out 225 step in and 450 step in is quite big jump

I don't quite understand your point about the step in.

However, if in simple terms your extension will be smaller than planning permission....I would just crack on.

It would be a dimension change and that is a "non material amendment" - which normally requires new drawings to be submitted and for them to be available for 4 weeks for public viewing.

It seems a shame for you to lose 225mm off your extension size, can you not alter the drains to suit?

Sponsored Links
As it’s been approved with 225 step in rather than 450 and unfortunately not I’m considering just leaving it in side and that solves all problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back