Exterior board for many, many metres of dwarf garden wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know of a suitable EXTERNAL product that can be use to fix directly to block work and then thin coat over with a render?

Basically I have about 70 linear metres of dwarf (600mm high) garden walls that need rendering both sides. Yes, it could be rendered, but I'm wondering if it will be better (and quicker) to attached external rated boards (if they exist!) and then thin coat over them?

Basically, I'm naively asking if there is a product that is similar to plasterboard which can either be dot'n'dabbed or batten and screwed to external block work that will accept a thin coat of render (probably not sand and cement, one of those fancy polymer finishes instead)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You could use a cement board but I don't see why you would want to do anything other than directly render your wall.

Cement board is expensive to do a garden wall with.

Used K Rend or webber lime silicone based. Very easy to use and a long time to play with it. Dries rock hard, waterproof and breathable. £10 a bag and can go on in 1 hit, self coloured, no painting.

PS you can't go over it, so consider the base coat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ9biZan8cQ another alternative...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back