Exterior masonry paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm new to this and need to know if there's much difference between Sandtex and Dulux and any other paints - I'm painting the outside of my house and have found a good colour in Dulux which isn't done by Sandtex so would love to have some help on this

Viv

Sponsored Links
Both are good paints..as in crown stronghold and Jonstones and Leylands exterior paint...but personally I wouldnt buy Dulux unless I really had to because I find it doesnt cover very well and skins up quickly in the paint tray.

Thanks for your help - does anyone else have an opinion? It would be good to get a few thoughts so I can decide in next few days!

Viv

Sponsored Links
I think that's 10 b 15 in British standard colours, so, I think it's Ivory in Johnstone's, Ivory Cream in Crown...if you get the gist. They all have different names but....10 B 15 is the same colour, just check to make sure.
You should also be able to get it mixed in Sandtex at a good independent Paint shop.
Choice is yours really...Johnstone's / Dulux / Leyland / Sandtex / Crown, they're all good but I used Sandtex Smooth last year and was surprised just how good it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back