Exterior Terrace Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently bought a townhouse in a small white pueblo in spain. One of the terraces is directly above one of the bathrooms. The bathroom ceiling has been leaking due to the unprofessional job made of the terrace floor when originally laid. I think all these fools have done is lay some cheap tile adhesive.
What I have done is removed the offending tiles causing the leak and directly applied a bitumen paint over the tiles adhesive to combat any future leak.
However now im stuck in a rut...Most of the DIY shops on the south coast of Spain arent exctly renowned for their level of expertise and i was told to buy a pack of powder for grouting (the pack looks like its for reparing swimming pool tiles and other such exterior dilemas. Another problem is that the ingredients of the powder are unknown so im sunsure whether or not it contains a polymer in order to stick well to the bitumen paint i have already put down on the original tile adhesive...

In a nutshell im stuck
HELP lol !!!!!
Whats usually the best way to go when you want to waterproof an exterior terrace and what are the mechanics of tiling over the bitumen membrane?
Any help is very much appreciated as the rain in spain falls mainly on the plain and usually about now!! lol

Many thanks
Sean

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back