Exterior twin halogen light...help!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have the below B&Q light installed outside my front door:-

It takes GU10 halogen bulbs. However the bottom bulbs always last months, whereas any bulb I install at the top will last 2-3 days.

I can't figure out why this is happening!! And it's costing me a fortune to keep replacing the top bulbs. The light is connected to an extension lead inside the house which is run on a socket plug in timer so that the light comes on and off at certain times. Why is is this only happening to bulbs inserted at the top??

Can anyone help?

Thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
Water! the top lamp is being soaked, replace with LED lamp.

GU10 are sh........t :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
The whole idea of a quartz lamp is to run extremely hot at these temperatures water droplets will likely crack the glass and quartz so they should not face up when used outside.

1) Those lights have a piece of glass over the lamp.

2) They are designed, and sold, to be used outside.

3) The heat coming up from the bottom lamp may well be causing problems - rather than invest in LED lamps strtaight away, if the OP can manage without the bottom one for a while I'd suggest taking it out, and seeing what happens.

I have the below B&Q light installed outside my front door:

It takes GU10 halogen bulbs. However the bottom bulbs always last months, whereas any bulb I install at the top will last 2-3 days
What size bulb (wattage) are you using?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back