Exterior Wall Painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to paint the front of my house. The top half is bare pebbledash and the lower bare brick. The house is Victorian. I have glanced the forum and I am considering to use Glidden Trade Endurance Pliolite® Based Masonry Paint for the dash as recommended in an earlier thread. Has anyone used this? If so, was the job a good-un? any tips?
For the lower, i am not sure and would appreciate some advice, does one need to use a stabilizer? PVA the walls first?
My only other advice i think i will need is where do i purchase a prodec lifetimer 10 inch roller sleeve? (also mentioned in an early thread) I have goggled it, no find :cry:

Any advice from the professionals would be much appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
Not sure what type of brick it is. Standard size. Orange in colour, with shades of black, few and far between.

Sponsored Links
Dont stabilise the pebble dash....thin the first coat of pliolite, its self sealing

And keep away from PVA...it wont work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back