External Boiler and Which Oil Tank Please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

I am going to change from LPG to oil heating and would welcome any opinions on the following please.

Following discussions with an installer, i am looking at either an external wall mounted Trianco Contractor 50/70 priced at £1275, SEBDUK B rating, or the HRM WallStar X-ternal 15/19 at £1265, SEBDUK A rating. Any recommendations as to which to choose please?

I can have a single skinned tank and have narrowed this down to either the Harlequin Advance 1100 at £425 or the Titan R1225TT at £420. All prices include VAT.

Am i looking at good options or should i consider other manufacturers please?

Many thanks,

Tracey

Sponsored Links
Personally I would not fit EITHER OF THESE BOILERS!!
Look at a Grant Vortex External, availible as a Wall hung or Floor Standing Models, it is Sedbuk Band A, and one of the moste efficient models availible, Customer support is Excellent as Well

www.grantuk.com

Will give you trhe Info you need ;) ;)

ditto on the grant vortex, we recommend these to all our customers and i have one at home. resonably priced too.

Thanks very much to both of you for the information; it is very much appreciated. I will do as you suggest and check out the Grant models.

Kind regards,

Tracey

Sponsored Links
I will 3rd the grant, although the wallstar run a good second.

Thanks for sharing your view Doitall; it seems the Grant is a popular choice so i will research that one now!

Does anyone have any views on the oil tanks i have mentioned please or is there not much to choose between tank manufacturers?

Thanks again,

Tracey

we always use titan, but thats only because thats what the merchants keep round here. never had a problem.

I don't think there's much to chose from the tanks, bunded or not, although the trade are showing a preference to going back to using steel tanks,as they last longer, if looked after.

Thanks Doitall. Interesting information about the steel tanks, i recall that is what my parents had thirty year ago. I think plastic is best for me though as i already have a concrete pad which is suitable according to my installer.

Kind regards,

Tracey

Good evening, further to earlier replies, i have been looking at the Grant Vortex options recommended by some of the guys. There is a significant price difference between the external floor and wall hung models so i would like to understand if a wall hung option is essential for me.

Can anyone offer advise please? I would like to know if there is a minimum distance that the boiler must be from the oil tank and do the free standing ones need to be housed in a shelter of some kind? I appreciate the casing is weatherproof but are they suitable to be exposed to the elements without any covering?

I am sorry to ask so many questions but i would like to understand all options before deciding.

Many thanks,

Tracey

Further to my last post, can anyone please advise who i can contact, perhaps an industry regulatory board, who can advise of the rules (if any) as to what distance a tank needs to be from the boiler?

Thanks again,

Tracey

Not less than 1.8 metres .
Out door modules need no further protection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back