External boiler flue - water ingress

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We have a ~5 year old Viesmann condensing boiler on the wall in our kitchen. The flue goes straight through the wall to the outside, facing west. In the recent severe gales and rain we've had, small amounts of water have found their way back into the boiler cupboard on a few occasions, and I think it must be through the flue.

Can I get hold of an end piece to go over the flue to provide some sort of shielding from the worst of the horizontal rain - I did wonder if there has been a cover over the pipe and it's blown off in the gales?

Many thanks in advance - I've uploaded a photo to my album - hope the link below is correct.

Geoff
albums
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Check guttering isn't leaking onto the flue.
Also check that the flue has been sealed around with some mortar
around the outside instead of just the plastic collar.

Hadn't thought of the gutter but it looks OK and the sealing looks OK/ I think it may just be that the very strong westerly winds have been blowing the water in. If that's the case then with the design of the outside bit - essentially two open ended pipes with no cover - it's not surprising a bit of water comes in. Thanks for your time. G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back