External boiler housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an external boiler which has broken. It's enclosed in a wooden housing. When I opened the door to reset the boiler (unsuccessfully), the door came off - it has signs of insect and water damage, so not only do I need a new boiler but also a need a new housing :/

I've received a few quotes but I'm getting rather varying advice about the housing:
- Some have said it needs fireproofing whereas others do not. In what situations does an external boiler housing require fireproofing?
- Some have said the housing should be insulated whereas others have said that only the pipes need to be insulated, not the whole housing. Which is correct?

Thanks all,

Charlie

Sponsored Links
Well I don't know about the regs, but I'd have throught that insulation would be a sensible thing to do. But what type of boiler is it that it might burn the wooden structure, and if the boilers caught light, is a non combustable housing going to make a fig of difference.

Why did the previous one break down.

Why did the previous one break down.

Mainly because it is ancient (Worcester Bosch Si24 II). It is something to do with it overheating: the overheating sensor is triggered after a few seconds which shuts down the boiler. I did get quite a detailed explanation when I had the engineer over to fix it last week, but I don't remember all of it now.

Sponsored Links
How big was the housing, and how much space was there around the boiler. Did the boiler overheat because of the housing it was in. How warm/cold did it get in there. Where is the boiler situated in the garden

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back