external chimney construction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having an external chimney on my extension, because it is for a large built in woodburning stove the construction up to near first floor joist height is just to have a large alcove in the cavity wall. Then just below joist height the lintels and flue support block. Above this point on the outside of the building the chimney will narrow down to a size just large enough for the flue construction..

at this point is it normal to close off the cavity on the outside portion of the flue? Or does the cavity carry on up so you have brick/insulation/block/leica or similar/flue as the layers from the outside - if you do keep all of this isn't the chimney pretty when it goes through the roof?

Because the fire and chimney construction are quite unusual there has been a lot of communication with the fire suppliers to try to get this right and I am wondering if some wires have gotten crossed somewhere...

thanks

Trev

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back