External Deck lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Looking at running armoured cable from Ring mains 13a skt ? to Shed --and then onwards to Decking where I will have a power box in which i would plug in 6 x 12v low voltage transformers for the decking lights
Questions :
Do i need to tell LA?
What do I need to protect the circuit bearing in mind the current Fuse board is not RCD fitted and I want to pick a feed up off the nearest 13a ring double skt then go externally with Armoured cable ?
What are the components needed to do the job ?
Any help guidance appreciated :confused:
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, under BS7671 IEE regs 16th edition any socket likely to provide power to an external appliace (anything in your shed in this case) MUST be protected by an RCD, running from the back of a S/O is a bit of a lash up.

Personally I'd get a qualified electrician to quote, that way you'd get an idea of what not to do and the implications of having non RCD protected external power ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back