External door - storage and hanging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our builder has installed the frame for an access door into our detached garage. The frame was installed using screw in frame ties mortared into the brickwork.

Are these strong enough to hold the frame or should I supplement these with some screws and plugs?

I'm going to have a go a fitting the door myself. I have fitted internal doors before but this is myfirst external one - any tips?

The door is ledged and braced 6'6" x 2'6". It's going to be a couple of weeks before I can fit it and I'm worried about it warping. What's the best way to store it - flat, on its long edge or upright on its short edge?

Or am I worrying about nothing??!!

Thank you

Davey

Sponsored Links
Best stored flat on timber bearers to give ventilation all round, need treating before and after hanging to minimise swelling in damp air, allow a bit extra for expansion.Frame ties should be fine if he has used enough and placed correctly.

Thanks Fox,

With all the work going on there is no room in the garage at the moment!

Is it ok to store it inside?

It's in a sellophane wrapper - would you remove this to let the air circulate?

I'm probably worrying too much but I don't want to make a mess of things before I've even got my chisel out :confused:

Thank you Davey

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back