external elv cabling - notify?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I want to run some elv cabling (tv coax, cctv coax & power & cat5 data) from my house, in dedicated ducting under the garden to a shed.

Does this have to be notified or is it only mains wiring?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Four new topics....full boys toys services to your shed.....has she banned you from going down the pub? :LOL:

hi pens

banned rofl.. she cant get me out the house enough :)

i've got kids who want internet in there rooms, we live in a rough area, so we have cctv... sky tv nowadays is normal & i dont want to sit & watch cartoons all day, we often end up in the garden for bbq's etc, but cant see or hear the front door. so thought it would be nice to stick a spare tft panel in there so we can see if ppl are arriving for the bbq / party etc...

i also have an old wireless modem, which i can stick out there for internet for the kids... both these are very low current, so there isnt much of a load issue, they are both sat spare, so just making use of them really.

I'm quite lazy so am hoping once it is all in place, i wont see any cables, extension leads, network cables etc & the kids wont be bugging me for it all later.....

thanks

You already want more stuff in your shed!
jos1e on another post said:
waterproof light switch / light, and then to ip rated waterproof sockets for a lawnmower
Best get laying that SWA too. ;)

Sponsored Links
one step ahead of ya :LOL:

with everyone's help on here, i've already been out & bought it

had planned to run them soon as i have spoken to lbc, get it rectified & i can forget about it. the cable run is easy enough as i left guide rope in the ducting incase i ever had to lay new.

thanks for all your help ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back