External gas supply bonding

Even worse, despite a number of attempts, the water supplier (Anglian Water) has failed to find anything outside that turns off the supply - so if/when it all goes wrong, they'll probably have to turn off the supply to the entire village!
Tell them you'd like a water meter fitted.
Had one fitted, in the cellar, 10-15 years ago, and that's when the 'isolation' problem was first discovered. There are 3-4 metres of that iron pipe before it turns into copper, and they fitted their meter right at the start of that copper. Fortunately for them, but somewhat unfortunately for me, there is a not-so-old (but pre-dating my occupancy, so 30+ years) stopcock near the end of that iron pipe run which they managed to use to isolate the supply in order to fit the meter - and I think that they have now largely 'lost interest' in the isolation issue, since they fitted stopcocks (in the copper) immediately on either side of the meter (which they can therefore use for meter changes etc.). However, that all leaves me with 3+ metres of 'un-isolatable' iron pipe which could turn my cellar into an underground swimming pool. I periodically 'remind them', and think that the next reminder is probably soon due!

I've mentioned this setup here before, in relation to what would I would end up with if I did (just) what BS7671 'actually says' about main bonding!

KInd Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back