External Lighting Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to make sure i have containment in place for future use as i refurb the house so i dont complete the inside and have to start knocking holes in it again for stuff i have forgot along the way. Thinking about external lighting early so that i can run containment or cables now for connection later. I have a few questions but before i go any further is the basic diagram below correct for what i am looking for?

I plan to have 3 external lighting set ups. 1) Lighting to front of house and driveway controlled by a photocell /day/night sensor 2) Lighting to the rear of the house on simple on/off switch 3) Lighting to the garden on simple on/off switch

External Lights.png

Sponsored Links
In my house, I used a small contacter wired to the photocell to handle the load rather than run the load through the photocell. although likely not an issue with Led, a bonus is if any light goes faulty, it trips Mcb without blowing up the photocell.

I ran a Timer controlled output to the switch location as well as a permanent supply.
Then using 2 way and centre off switches i have the choice of
1, Timer controlled
2, Permanently off
3, Permanently on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back