External oil boiler flue distance to gutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm currently planning ahead some building work which will involve re-positioning a wall hung external Grant oil boiler.

Its new position will depend on the allowed distance of the flue from the gutters.

In the manual it states the flue has to be 600mm. It also states that this can be reduced to 75mm with protection.

Can anyone tell me what form of protection this means?

I'd like to have some idea of what I want before getting anyone in for quotes and advice.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Its called a heat protection shield.
Which should be installed to the underside of the gutter.
They are usually 1000mm long with an air gap to the gutter of 5mm.

Always check the manufacturers instructions.

Andy.:cool:

Protection is usually by means of a metal deflector plate fitted under the gutter. Usually not very nice to look at!

Typically 1000 long and perhaps 50 wider than the gutter.

The exact dimensions will usually be given by the manufacturer on request. Sometimes the installer is expected to decide!

Tony

Thanks for that info.

Is this something that's bought off the shelf or can it be constructed with sheet metal?

Sponsored Links
Best to use Alumminium as this won't rust I have used a Gas fire Closure plate folded to suit the profile of the soffitt & gutter, (the flue gas temperature from your Grant boiler will be 60 - 80*c so not overly hot!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back