External p/b corners without skimming whole board.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi- have taped and filled tapered ceiling plasterboard edges successfully as a novice, but need to do external corners on a p/b boxed in beam.

Is there a way to do the external corners (for someone with no experience of full board skimming- which I won't even pretend I can do), such as metal and paper plasterer's corner bead tape feathered into the board, or is 'no coat corner bead' worth trying/ an option?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
you get a paper tape with two metal strips in it, bed it onto the corner, squeeze out the excess mud and then feather into the board over say a foot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brilliant. Thanks for this guys. One more thought.... If I braved doing an internal wall corner, could I use the same stuff, or if corner's tight, just run angled trowel down? Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
only use the tape with metal in for externals, you use normal paper tape for internals and use an internal corner trowel.

i assume you're wetting the tapes for a while before applying them? just a thought.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's great. Thanks. Sounds a bit more fiddly especially if not square/ keeping paper straight I guess, but suppose I could do 2/3 strips instead of one.

Yes- been wetting tape- same method as when I wallpaper- paste wall, run paper through water- fast & never fails.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ideally 1 strip yes but if the corners are that wonky then you may have to use a number of bits i suppose, don't overlap them though as the double thickness will be hard to cover, butt them right up to each other.

Sponsored Links