External p/b corners without skimming whole board.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi- have taped and filled tapered ceiling plasterboard edges successfully as a novice, but need to do external corners on a p/b boxed in beam.

Is there a way to do the external corners (for someone with no experience of full board skimming- which I won't even pretend I can do), such as metal and paper plasterer's corner bead tape feathered into the board, or is 'no coat corner bead' worth trying/ an option?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
you get a paper tape with two metal strips in it, bed it onto the corner, squeeze out the excess mud and then feather into the board over say a foot.

Brilliant. Thanks for this guys. One more thought.... If I braved doing an internal wall corner, could I use the same stuff, or if corner's tight, just run angled trowel down? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
only use the tape with metal in for externals, you use normal paper tape for internals and use an internal corner trowel.

i assume you're wetting the tapes for a while before applying them? just a thought.

That's great. Thanks. Sounds a bit more fiddly especially if not square/ keeping paper straight I guess, but suppose I could do 2/3 strips instead of one.

Yes- been wetting tape- same method as when I wallpaper- paste wall, run paper through water- fast & never fails.

Cheers.

ideally 1 strip yes but if the corners are that wonky then you may have to use a number of bits i suppose, don't overlap them though as the double thickness will be hard to cover, butt them right up to each other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back