External paint for wood on existing painted surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recommendations please. In the past I have done the whole Dulux thing. Not very impressed. These new Multi serface Paints from the likes of bedec look promising. It will need to be Black, some parts will need to be prepared back to the bare Wood, since the sills are flaking, and resin is coming out of some parts. I think it was repainted some 5 years ago. My old next door neighbour sweard by Ranch paint. And I have seen the Linseed paints from Holkham. Both of these would mean stripping rght back to the bare wood. Thats a lot of work. I think its black gloss that been put on the wood.

Any pointers good or bad welcomed.

Sponsored Links
Black gloss is what your problem is. Not Dulux. All Black gloss paints blister, flake and peel when used externally. You should use lighter shades.

I've just found out its actually Sandolin Extra Ebony, Just shows I thought it had been painted. Makes my life a little easier, just expensive :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back