External Run Telephone Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,

I've an NTE5 which currently has a telephone off the BT plug, and a bell/sounder hard-wired off the bottom section. I want to run a further extension upstairs, so :

1. Is it ok to run another hard-wired extension off the bottom section, or better to use a double adapter off the BT plug and run both phones from this.

2. Is it ok to run telephone extension cabling outside, as it would be easier to run the cable up the front wall and through the bedroom wall.

Any help/advice appreciated guys.

Sponsored Links
HandyHands said:
Folks,

I've an NTE5 which currently has a telephone off the BT plug, and a bell/sounder hard-wired off the bottom section. I want to run a further extension upstairs, so :

1. Is it ok to run another hard-wired extension off the bottom section, or better to use a double adapter off the BT plug and run both phones from this.

2. Is it ok to run telephone extension cabling outside, as it would be easier to run the cable up the front wall and through the bedroom wall.

Any help/advice appreciated guys.

1: bottom plate has terminals to take an extension from.

2: cable can be taken outside, but you need the weater resistant stuff (normally black)

Use black 4 or 6 wire outside,white wire will deteriorate with sunlight.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back