external water pipes and tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In our "new to us" house there is an external building, the water supply to it comes out through the house wall in 15mm plastic, converted into blue pipe which then goes under the garden a bit before getting to the other building.

outsidewater.jpg

Is this ok as it is? I might put some insulation and hard cover over it to protect in the winter.

What I really want to do is replace that elbow with a tee and go up to a garden tap for a hose pipe. Is there a "neat" way to do this? The output from a push fitting is far from flush with the wall. I could get under the floor behind this wall and switch it to copper, but to be honest I'd rather have one piece of pipe under the floor than a join.

Sponsored Links
It’s not normal, and could suffer from undue warming (against water regulations), especially in this sort of weather.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back