Outside tap pipe extension feasible?

To be honest I thought it would be a simple straight forward job for not much money at all and still believe it can be.

It's just finding the right materials to use. If it was a similar job for inside the house then no problem: 15mm copper or plastic pipe with either compression, solder or push-fit fittings. Been there, done that a few times.

I could simply change the tap at the front of house to this:
Tap.JPG

Then run a black hose pipe along the wall with clips to something like this:
Tap 2.JPG

Job done.

But, then there's the issue of weather and seasons, I'm not sure if such a hose would bear well being out 24/7. Also it wouldn't look particular nice with sagging hose pipe (albeit black) along the wall.

I just thought it would be easy to find rigid black plastic pipe that's about 15mm which could ideally be solvent weld at joins and angles since there is a private car park next to the wall so I didn't particular want to use anything that could be pulled or screwed apart.

Thanks for the link to MDPE pipework. I was already looking at that as it seems to be the best compromise/option so far.

She hasn't had any quotes although I'd still like to know what materials they would use!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back