External waterproof wall socket

Am a spark that wears a shirt & tie...can you get them????? :cry:

Sponsored Links
il78 said:
Tubular heaters do get hot, you would have to adapt a bracket to suit.....or do what I do in cold mornings......

kaw-zx6r-1-bikepics-00257.jpg

GET EVEN COLDER :(

You can't get cold, I've noticed you got a tubular tube on your bike :LOL:

hmmmm,might have to pop down the motorbike shop instead :LOL:

Dont recommend putting both hands on the exhaust whilst riding......but I like the way your thinking :evil:

Sponsored Links
Yooo hooo I'm back :)

Been to Halfords today and they will not sell the cigar lighter car heater type like this

heatercooler.jpg

as it did not meet their specification :cry: but you can buy them line :!:

I would also need a 12 volt 240 volt adapter like this
12v_240vadapter.jpg
Have read the instruction "saying up to 5amp only and the car heater is 200 watt",so is this okay ?,can't remember how you do the calulation.

Sorry, I pressed the topic button by mistake :rolleyes: ,see above

W = V x A.

If they mean 5A on the mains side, you're fine, as that's 1k2W

If they mean 5A at 12V, you're stuffed, as that's only 60W.

ban-all-sheds said:
W = V x A.

If they mean 5A on the mains side, you're fine, as that's 1k2W

If they mean 5A at 12V, you're stuffed, as that's only 60W.

Sorry to be pain,but how will I know if the 5A on the 240v side or the 12v side.All it say on the instruction box "up to 5amp only" this is why it's confusing me :confused:

i dont think its suitable for you. why would you be concerned with the primary side? i am sure the 5amps refers to the secondry side

In northern Sweeden where it really is cold in winter they plug their cars into electrical outlets. Not only at home, but also in public parking places too.

Via transformers, this keeps the engine warm so it don't freeze and starts easily despite -25C, and there are timers to turn on the underseat heaters, demisters etc.

Perhaps Masona should try Ikea?

Back to the original question, I would suggest a ceeform,like this but there are waterproof versions available. The waterproof ones are rated IP67, the splashproof ones are IP44. The waterproof ones will sit in puddles in the rain without tripping the power out.

masona said:
breezer said:
bad idea Masona (unatended electric fan) i apreciate your point as i have the same problem (c/w diesel engine) what if the heater hould fall over in the car? your could end up warm, very warm even on fire.

I was a bit worried about that.Can you get maybe a 12v electric heater with transformer? Thinking about it I suppose it make no difference if the heat is the same.Would a electric bulb works like they do behind the heated door mirror :!: :)

Mains-powered electric fan heaters have to have thermal cut-outs fitted so it shouldn't be a problem if it fell over. However, I'd be a bit nervous about doing this because of the many plastic components used in cars these days. Siting the heater in the car could be really critical - you might well find the heater puts out enough heat to melt plastic mouldings if its too close yet not enough to cut out. Suggest you experiment first. If you've got a cat, see how close you can get the heater before the moggy catches light. This would avoid any damage to the car.

FWIW.

A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back