Extra Flat Bottle Trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought one of these bottle traps (and paid over double that price in B&Q :eek: I need to learn not to buy things as soon as I see them lol) to save space under a new sink.

http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/Wirquin-Espace-Extra-Flat-Bottle-Trap.html

If you look at the diagram at the below link, you will see that the waste outlet will only allow for a 40mm OD pipe (I've tried a Marley 41mm OD push-fit pipe and this won't fit) and they suggest using an adaptor from 40mm to 43mm to connect to a 43mm solvent weld pipe.

http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/31000201_TECH.jpg

My question is where can I get such a fitting?

Sponsored Links
french cr*p don't even approve to our building regs on depth of water trap.

Any plumbers merchants
Will it be known as a 40mm to 43mm adapter or something else? Am I likely to find one that converts the waste outlet to 41mm push fit?

Why in the first place does the waste trap have a 40mm outlet when all pipe (so it seems) is 41mm (push fit) or 43mm (solvent waste) in diameter? Or is it possible to buy any waste pipe that is 40mm OD?

Sponsored Links
I just call it an adaptor from that foreign shyte to solvent :LOL: Probably has a name but they will know what you mean. Used on a lot of shower traps too. You should have gotten one in with the trap as it is not a std brittish size.

Why in the first place does the waste trap have a 40mm outlet
As seco said above

s it possible to buy any waste pipe that is 40mm OD?

The stuff that comes with most sink waste kits is the same junk but you can come off it with a multifit.

I just call it an adaptor from that foreign shyte to solvent :LOL: Probably has a name but they will know what you mean. Used on a lot of shower traps too. You should have gotten one in with the trap as it is not a std brittish size.
I'll nip to B&Q on my way home from work tomorrow and see if they sell the adaptors, or if the trap I bought should have come with one:cool:

Not to mention its basically a glorified bottle trap which should never be used on a sink anyway...

I wasn't aware there were building regulations governing the depth of water traps :confused: however I've found from reading that this must be at least 75mm. Why is this and am I likely to encounter problems if the depth of seal is inadequate? :(

I wasn't aware there were building regulations governing the depth of water traps :confused: however I've found from reading that this must be at least 75mm. Why is this and am I likely to encounter problems if the depth of seal is inadequate? :(

Depth of seal regards to how this is connected to your drainage. If its straight into a stack a 75mm seal is required, if its a hopper you can get away with a 38mm seal. If its into your Gully you have a natural air break so you can get away with less than 75mm seal.

Not to mention its basically a glorified bottle trap which should never be used on a sink anyway...
:( why is this?

Because for a sink blockages can easily occur, food debris etc. You need an easy flow through for the waste like an S or P trap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back