extra lighting and short cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have just finished the flooring of my hall. I am about to start taking down the old plaster and reboard with dryline plasterboard. I have a question you could help.

There a old light fitting that I am moving closer to kitchen and install a new light in new hall area, used to be a porch, but the switch cable for old light is too short to reach new location of existing light and not possible to run new cable so will it be ok to run that switch cable to new light and run a 3 core and earth between existing and new light, this twin switch is for both to turn on and off to downstair and one for upstair which is on upstair lighting, and run a twin and earth from new light to power an outside light via a switch. That 3 core and earth would be: red for live and black for neutral and grey for switch live from new to existing light and the bare core for earth.

Been looking in books, no info on it.

So be ok? :?:

Danny

Sponsored Links
:confused:
Your description isn't clear enough (for me at least).
I think you need to sketch this out somehow so we can see what you're trying to do and whether it's an acceptable way.
By the time you've done that and looked at the diagrams on this site you might well figure out the answer to your own question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back