Extra long tumble dryer drain hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint tumble dryer with a condenser. I want the waste water to go straight into the sink rather than the drawer. I can do this by disconnecting a pipe at the back of the machine, the problem is that the pipe isn't long enough to reach the sink.

I have tried numerous searches but can't find any extra long hoses. Does anyone know if they exist?

Thanks
Richard

Sponsored Links
no expert here
but doesn't the condenser act on gravity to work?
so trying to raise the hose above say 300mm wont work
but as i say don't know

Provided it doesn't work on gravity as big-all says, you should be able to extend the hose with some silicone tube and a back-to-back adapter (beer hose).

Is the condensate drawer at the top or bottom of the appliance?

Either way I wouldn't connect it to a sink waste - what is on the other side of the wall which the tumbler is against?

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Thanks for the responses.

The condenser is at the bottom of the dryer and the collection drawer is at the top. The original pipe is the height of the dryer.

I managed to find this in B&Q

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/plumbing...nch-Bore-Rubber-Hose-11247978?noCookies=false

I was able to use it as a replacement pipe. It was a tight fit but I used a tie wrap just to make sure it was secured to the dryer. I ran the dryer with the pipe running to the sink (similar height to the dryer). It seems to be working ok so far.

My only concern is that the pipe has a slightly thinner wall that the original but that water doesn't seem to come through with much pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back