Tumbledryer vent dilemma - less boring than it sounds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably still very boring though. We're planning an extension on the side of our house where the tumble dryer vents currently sits. It would make an extraordinary difference if we could leave the tumble dryer where it is, but that means it would be venting into the new lounge which isn't ideal. So, I need an extra long vent.

My question is, should I install a vertical pipe like a soil stack and box it in or run it horizontally, maybe under the floor, or is there another solution? A condensing tumble dryer isn't an option.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would suggest to run it horizontally but sloping DOWN towards the outside so condensation can drip outside.

Also in 100/110 mm so the additional resistance does not cause backpressure.

It was boring!

Tony

that`s 100/110mm pipe not flat duct ;) . They can overheat+cutout if the vent is restricted .I know from my own one :oops: Best to check with manufacturer as to max length permissable . Pipes are Never Boring :LOL:

Thanks guys, I wouldn't have considered the back pressure so well done. I bet neither of you would have read the thread if I hadn't made the title so mysterious.

Sponsored Links
i bought 2x3m 100mm flexi duct, some jubilee clips and an external wall grill to do my daughters tumble drier from BES (check online) cost under £15 (i think)

Flexi duct has a much higher flow resistance because the inside is not smooth.

It will not allow condensation to flow freely.

My advice is to use rigid 110 mm waste pipe!

Its still very boring compared with something interesting like the heating design problems with that 38 kW boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back