Tumble dryer vent route (moved from Information)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At present, my tumble dryer outlet goes out through the utility room wall and then vertically through an outhouse roof but because of all the recent stories about fluff catching fire, I'm trying to re-route so it runs horizontally. My only option is to vent into the garage. Would this be safe? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Sponsored Links
why would you want your car, lawnmower, tools and other garage contents to be covered in condensation, fluff, rust and mould?

Read the instructions. Never let a pipe go upwards fluff will not travel upwards. It will fall down and be blocked. Should be vented to a outside wall and lay flat with a flap on the outside wall to extract the fluff. I would pulll that hose out and wash it out leaving it to dry. That's a fire waiting to happen.

Sponsored Links
OK guys, I take your point. I guess I was just trying to find a short cut. Best do it properly eh? Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back