extra shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
i have a 9.5kw shower fitted in my bathroom at the moment,was wondering if a standard single phase 100amp supply would be capable of feeding another 9.5kw shower in my en-suite ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Not if they were both used at the same time, unless you turned off almost everything else in the property.

Two 9.5kW showers will draw around 80A when both elements are energised, leaving only 20A (officially) for cooking, lighting, TV, heating, 'fridging, and boiling a kettle. And that's ignoring the number of transformers left running while not charging your mobile phone / camera / iPod / laptop / bluetooth whatsits / toothbrush etc.

This idea of having two showers has been covered before on the forum - have you searched to see if any of the proposed solutions suits you?

Sponsored Links
And there are water pressure considerations as well...............
Not when merely determining "if a standard single phase 100amp supply would be capable of feeding another 9.5kw shower..." ;)

That's assuming it is actually a 100A fuse in the cutout....

The OP stated 100A.

Are you suggesting that he's got it wrong? :eek:

Although it probably says 100a its most likely a 60 or 80amp fuse internally.

Virtually all modern cutouts have 100A written on the outside of the fuse carrier, but in reality, there is often an 80A or sometimes even a 60A fuse in the carrier.

I wonder if it says 100A on the outside, but internally only has a 60A or 80A cut-out. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back