Extracting satellite cable from exterior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure which forum is right for this - happy for mods to move it as needed...

I have coaxial cables from a sat dish entering the ground floor of my house in two places, neither of which is where I want - so I plan to move or remove them. Looking from outside, both cable ingress points have a bit of brick removed and there is some kind of white, rock-hard substance holding the cables in place. I guess it's epoxy resin or something like that.

What's my next step? Is there something magic that can dissolve/remove the resin or am I going to have to drill / cut it with a high probability of damaging the cables, which I don't want to do...

Sponsored Links
Tie them onto your car before you set off for work.

Or cut them flush and put a blob of silicone over them.

Sponsored Links
Not sure which forum is right for this - happy for mods to move it as needed...

I have coaxial cables from a sat dish entering the ground floor of my house in two places, neither of which is where I want - so I plan to move or remove them. Looking from outside, both cable ingress points have a bit of brick removed and there is some kind of white, rock-hard substance holding the cables in place. I guess it's epoxy resin or something like that.

What's my next step? Is there something magic that can dissolve/remove the resin or am I going to have to drill / cut it with a high probability of damaging the cables, which I don't want to do...

Have you considered diverting the existing cable from inside saving you the trouble of starting again outside ? Is the cable particularly unsightly ? Is your house THAT big ?

Back