extraction fan termination on pitch roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have just discovered i have to fit an extraction unit in the ceiling of a bathroom above a shower, the ceiling is horizontal and has two layers of plasterboard fixed over an old lathe and plaster layer so is pretty thick. there is then about 18'' of space between ceiling and the underlying felt of a victorian slate shallow pitched roof, which has a small parapet wall at the top.

my first question is about access,? is there a roof ladder which will hook over the parapet (approx 2ft high with 'ridge' tiles on top, it is horizontal)

secondly any recommendations of termination kits for pitched roofs, easiest to fit, ?quality? instructions for doing so!

thirdly, how do you go about connecting what gets pushed up through the ceiling with what comes down through the roof without making a big hole in the ceiling? or is that unavoidable!

many thanks in advance for good advice

Sponsored Links
No for the first one

No for the second one - any should do

For the third one, if you cant get in the roofspace and don't want to disturb the ceiling, then you would enlarge the hole in the roof felt and work from the roof

Or connect the [flexible] fan duct to to terminal (which will be close to where the fan is to be fitted below), then feed the duct into the roofspace from the roof fit the terminal, put your hand up the hole cut in the ceiling, and grab the duct and pull it through. The cut it as necessary and connect to the fan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back