Extracto hole underneath RSJ padstone...is it possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hie,

Have remodelled kitchen and we now have the hob directly underneath the RSJ installed when we knocked the wall out. Now need to install extractor hood.

It looks like it will need the hole (100cms) drilled about 30 cms directly underneath the padstone for the RSJ. Dont know much about Physics but is it okay to do this??? or should I offset the hole to the right so its not underneath?

ANy ideas help..
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would imagine that at a certain distance directly below the beam bearing you would be able to drill such a hole, but i am not entirely sure where.

In theory the weight of the bearing fans outwards as it goes downwards and is shared by a larger, wider body of masonry thus spreading the load.

300mm directly below the pad may be ok, but you will have to ask an S.E. or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back