Extractor ducting and fire building regs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I was going to drill a hole in the ceiling and use a 110mm white soil pipe hidden behind a RSJ box as a ducting from the hood extractor to then vent outside. I've suddenly realised that 110mm pipe isn't going to be fire proof and therefore not re-create the fireproof seal required in the ceiling. Would the standard ducting sold in 350mm lengths 100mm be any different?

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
So long as you replace any plasterboard to the required spec' then the ducting material is largely irrelevant.

Sponsored Links
I think which ever way I look at this, it's going to look a bloody mess. I think installing a pipe and then increasing the box size is the only option.

J

Presumably the extractor duct is running parallel with the steel? If so then just box the steel in its own fire proof plasterboard enclosure and run the extractor in its own separate plasterboard enclosure joined to the steel enclosure to make one larger one.

This is the conclusion i have come to. Bloody shame I didn't think of this before I put all the boxing up for the beam.

Hindsight and all that lol

J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back