Extractor fan above shower with isolator switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a new home and have had some electrical work carried out. However, the electrician has fitted an isolator switch for my extractor fan on the ceiling of my bathroom which is connected to my shower cubicle. Is this correct?

I always thought that "switches" should be outside the bathroom. The fact that I cannot reach the switch is a separate matter!! That said, the fan now has stopped working so I am a little concerned! :?:

Sponsored Links
Newbie21 said:
I have recently moved into a new home and have had some electrical work carried out. However, the electrician has fitted an isolator switch for my extractor fan on the ceiling of my bathroom which is connected to my shower cubicle. Is this correct?

Have you got a high ceiling? Most likely not if you've moved into a new house. If the switch is outside of the zones, which in the case of over a shower or bath means 3m high, then it's ok. The cord can dangle down into zone 3. See here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back