Extractor fan, tripple pole isolator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I recently installed an extractor fan in line with the lights in my bathroom, I called over an electrician for inspection and he is telling me that isolator switch will be required for him to accept the electrical work and also a seperate breaker swich would be required in the main electrical distribution cabinet??

I thought isolator switches are only required for timer extractor fans to isolate from the mains, since in my case the fan can already be isolated with the light switch?

Its only 16w fan, so why a circuit breaker switch in the Electrical distribution panel?

Am I missing something here or the electrican is winding me up??? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You only need a double pole isolator, but you still need one. If you have three core wiring then fit a three-pole anyway, for future use.

Regarding the new breaker, he is probably referring to the requirement of an RCD in the bathroom under the new regs. He may want to fit an RCBO breaker.

Not a wind up, sorry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back