Extractor Fan for Bathroom without a window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a flat which does not have a window in the bathroom. My current fan may not be strong enough to extract all of the moist air as the vent from the fan has to pass vertically through approx. 4 metres to exit through pipe on top of roof. Moisture is collecting in the duct behind the fan so I have had to disconnect it. The bathroom measures approx. 8 cubic metres. Current fan is 220-240V, 15W Max.

Sponsored Links
So maybe you should get a stronger fan and fit a condensation trap in the duct. I hope that you have a fan with an over-run timer. 15 minutes should be the minimum if there is no window.

Theres a fan size calculator here: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Ventilation/Ventilation4.html

There's different types. Centrifugal fans with forwarded blades are suited for applications with higher air flow volumes and pressures

Also, make sure there is enough air getting INTO the bathroom. That means a grill somewhere or cut a bit off the bottom of the door. If you don't the fan will be creating a low pressure area in teh bathroom and will not be efficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back