Extractor fan in a cage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm trying to find a bathroom extractor fan that fits inside a metal cage. It's a centrifugal fan with timer and humidistat. I believe the company that makes them isn't in business anymore. Looking for something similar that could fit. It's approximately 255mm Sq and 150mm deep. Here are some pics..

//www.diynot.com/network/beez/albums/

Any help much appreciate!

Beez

Sponsored Links
How many of the 100K hits from Google did you follow up?

screenshot_119.jpg

Sponsored Links
I believe the company that makes them isn't in business anymore.

That may be the case, but readers here may have a solution.

It would help by telling us the make and model of the old one.
Also the size of the duct, the photo hasn't got a scale so I cannot tell if its 100mm or 1000mm!

EDIT

Just waded through your album. The other photo (that you havent shown on your post) includes some details that you could have tried on Google yourself.

If you Google RF2C-133/046 then you get a result
http://www.erica.nl/Soler&Palau/EMCRFSI.htm

Soler and Palau are very much alive, you might try them, if it is the motor that has gone. But you might be better buying a whole new fan.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

Have tried Google but thanks for making me aware of it:)

The ducting is probably 4". Can't get access above ceiling right now to check. The cage has an envelope shaped hole in the top which the ducting attaches too. Thanks for the link to..

http://www.solerandpalau.co.uk/family.jsp?

They don't seem to have anything on their .Co. uk site with cages.

What I would like to find is a replacement that can fit in the existing hole without having to make much adjustments to the ceiling. The reason is it's in a block of 80+ flats and 2 have died with many more to follow.

I know what it looks like. Its in your album.

Your best bet is to find a replacement whole unit that will go into the existing hole, You'll never find something to go into the existing "cage" as they are all individual for each maker and model.

SUGGEST you remove the cage and measure the hole. Then start looking at BAS's links (or find some of your own ;) ) and identify something that can fit into the existing aperture. Most decent online sellers include a link to the installation instructions, so it should be easy for you to identify soemthing that will do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back