Extractor fan into loft space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just recently bought a house and the extractor fan has been left like this? Its a 1975 house and have no idea how long its been like this,

Is this correct if not who would I contact to sort the issue,

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20210302_204657.jpg
    20210302_204657.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 177
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response should this be set up and come apart or something I need installing as the house was built in 1975,

Would it be a plumber, electrician or roofer

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Roofer if going thru roof , the rest of your question is a mystery to me.

Sorry I meant is this standard fitting or has it came loose from original fitment also what trade is responsible for this work

Thanks

Sorry I meant is this standard fitting or has it came loose from original fitment also what trade is responsible for this work

Thanks
No , should not vent into loft space , cannot say if it was ever connected elsewhere without looking in you loft.

Thought that i shall check it as couldn't of been like that for 45 years surely

Needs rectification as stated, venting into a roof void is a huge no no.

the flexible pipe may have broken off an exhaust vent in the wall / roof previously. Look for it and reconnect if possible.
Does it vent from the bathroom? If it does, presumably the bathroom fitter did it, makes you wonder what else they did..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back